Monday, February 18, 2008

Little Feet, Big Trouble...

We brought home a puppy yesterday, and haven't had much sleep since - but who cares??? We have a puppy!!! Even though it's been nearly 25 years since we've had one this young in the house, it doesn't take long to remember how much work they are. I thought baby proofing my house was a lot of work, but puppy proofing is just as much work, if not more. Everything they come across has the potential of being edible...shoes, paper bags, kid's backpacks, toilet paper, lego...the list is actually endless.

Having been forced to do a better cleaning job than I usually do in order to suss out the obvious dangers, there are a few things I've found that I was certain were lost for good. Maybe if I cleaned under the couch cushions on occassion I wouldn't have to replace things I thought had been lost for good so often. I may not be the best house cleaner, but I do take issue with a dirty bathroom or kitchen. Those two rooms are a priority in my little mind. However, if you don't mind sitting on a few mismatched socks from last week's laundry loads, or putting your coffee mug down on my dusty coffe table, then we are good to go.

My motto therefore is "a clean house is a sign of a wasted afternoon" . I'd far rather be out in my back yard playing with my new puppy anyway!

Cheers, S.




No comments: